When it comes to enhancing the looks of your living room floor, area rugs play a significant role. These rugs are mostly laid under the sofa, around the bed or tables to provide the feeling of warmth and coziness to your feet. Since they go through foot traffic all the time, they are prone to get dirty easily. In case, the area rug in your interiors become soiled or dirty, hire a carpet cleaner to get them cleaned.
From fabrics to color choices, choose the rug which complements your interiors and meets your cleaning needs. If you are confused in picking the right area rug fabric, here is a guide that can help you make the right choice.
Categories of Natural Rug Fibers
- Sisal: This fibre is eco-friendly, i.e. made from plant fibres and smells good. It can be cleaned with some efforts.
- Wool: This fibre is extremely strong and durable and has the efficiency to withstand foot traffic, stains and soil. It needs a thorough cleaning.
- Silk: This luxurious fabric is the best option if you want an area rug that has luster and shines bright. It can be cleaned easily.
- Cotton: This cost friendly fabric offers the casual appearance and is easy to wash and clean.
Categories of Synthetic Rug Fibers
- Nylon: This fibre comes with stain resistant features and is considered for high traffic areas. It can be cleaned easily.
- Polyester: This fibre is usually bright colored but offers an extremely soft and luxurious feel. It doesn’t need much efforts to get rid of stains.
- Olefin: This fibre offers stain resistant properties and is readily available at a low cost. It can be cleaned with mild rubbing.
So, these are some of the types of area rugs you can lay anywhere on the floors. Choose the one that best meets your needs. If you are planning to get your area rug cleaned professionally, look no forward than our professionals at Cleanest Carpet.